Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Phuket

Boat to Phuket, and evening at another night market with great KFC style chicken and decent Pad Thai noodles. Air conditioned room with satellite TV for a night. Today we hired a scooter and drove 20km North to the Gibbon Rehabilitation Centre, and explored the nearby waterfall, which is where they are released into.

The monkeys were a sad sight all in all, but I did find the biggest wild spider I've ever seen - as big as your face - sitting on its web a metre above a Japanese guy taking photos. I dramatically pointed the spider out to the man, and everyone survived to live another day.

We moved accomodation to the On On Hotel, which is very cheap, and 'where Daffy died' in the film 'The Beach'. Tomorrow evening, we fly to Saigon. Far poorer that anywhere I've been to, with monthly earnings in the city averaging about $50, to $15 in the poorer provinces.

No comments:

Post a Comment